Pygmalion at Barokkfest in Trondheim
A unique performance in the stone masonry workshop of the Nidaros Cathedral! One of the most cherished baroque ballets, Pygmalion, is the story of the sculptor who falls in love with his own creation. You can now experience Rameau`s masterpiece in a full production of singers, dancers and orchestra in the most magical setting imaginable, the stone masonry workshop of the northern most gothic cathedral in the world, Nidarosdomen.
With leading conductor Christophe Rousset, a true master of the French baroque repertoire and an amazing line up of soloists and dancers, together with the Vox Nidrosiensis choir.
- Cristophe Rousset – conductor
- Jerker Dahlin – Pygmalion
- Ingeborg Dalheim – La Statue
- Hanna Bayodi-Hirt – Amour
- Maud Gnidzaz – Céphise
- Judith le Blanc – director
- Gudrun Skamletz – choreografy
- Trondheim Barokk – orchestra
- Vox Nidrosiensis – choir